Thursday, November 19, 2009

Get in the Spirit!!



Now through December I will be posting Christmasy things.
Gifts, decor, and maybe even some crafts for those kids of
yours.

Today I wanted to share this quilted table runner with you.
It's fairly simple, it did take a bit more time than the
hot pads did. I figure it took me about 2 hours from start
to finish. The cool thing about this runner is that you can
make it with scraps for an eclectic look (my next one will
be like this) or you can be anal (like me) and sew it in a
pattern. Also, because of the largeness of my table (5 kids
you know) my finished product is 70.5 inches long. Directions
are for this length but you can stop when it's right for your
own table. With that being said, let's get started!

For this project you'll need:

7 5"x12.5" strips
7 2"x12.5" strips
14 3"x12.5" strips
1 piece of flannel 12.5"x71"
1 piece of coordinating fabric 12.5"x71" (lining)

(don't worry about having the flannel or the lining be one
huge length. You can piece it if you don't have a long
enough length of fabric)
With a 1/4 inch seam, piece all your strips together in
whatever pattern you enjoy. Sew until you have the
desired length.

Next place the flannel on the bottom of your
runner. Pin, then top stitch on both sides of your two
darkest colors. I did the red and green strips.
When you're finished top stitching, pin the top and
the lining with wrong sides together. Sew around
the edges leaving a few inches open to pull it right side
out....um....pull right side out now. Pin the opening shut
and press the edges.

Close it all up with a 1/4 inch seam all the way around.

Now put it on your table, pour yourself some eggnog,
and enjoy the fruits of your labors!

1 comment:

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.