Friday, April 29, 2011

Button up shirt turned girly

Well, OMTWI is officially over. Here's my project for last week's post. I
seriously had such a good time and I never figured I'd last as long as I
did. And what's more, I got some projects done that I probably wouldn't
have gotten around to for a few months. So all in all I'm super happy
and thankful for the opportunity.


Re-purposing things makes me happy. For one, it's a super cheap way
to go. And second, it's just satisfying to turn a yucky old something
into a useful new something. Happy. I've been needing/wanting a new
dress so when I found this ginormous button-up shirt my project was
born....(so to speak)
I wanted it to be
somewhat billowy so that I could cinch it with a belt so I cut above
the bust line and added some pleats. Then to add just a hair more
length I added a bit of vintage blue and white floral cotton. I was
amazed that it matched so perfectly........I've had the fabric for years!



ps. Thank you lovely model. I will make you a bag for your efforts....
or some cookies!

9 comments:

  1. How AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

    I would love to feature your refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable! I love it :) Very feminine, yet not too ruffly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh, I LOVE it! I've got a few men's shirts I've already refashioned and a few more waiting for inspiration, thanks so much. Stop by sometime, domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is beautiful. Such a girly transformation. Love the belt.
    Gwenny Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great redo! Love the re-purposing too...you did such an awesome job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great dress! Fantastic repurpose!

    I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have close to 50 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – and this month I’m upcycling lots of clothes and trying to feature lots of the links too!
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, so cool!! I want to try :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab repurpose! Too bad my DH has no dress shirts, only tees for work!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week...

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.